Regardless of the age group or category, drunk UNO is a game that can excite the interest of everyone. It comes with multiple game variations to drive you crazy.
With a simple hassle free setup, the game requires no more complexities and can literally be played with your friends with 108 cards deck and some drinks.
Here is how we have given a detailed players guide on drunk UNO rules, how to play the game with basic skills, tips, and strategies to win the game.
What is Drunk UNO?
Uno is one of the best card games. There is a deck of cards. It can be played easily in groups of 3 to 10 players. It takes almost no time to explain and study the game.
Uno’s goal is to get rid of all the cards. With a few cards, you have these options:
- Choose a matching number or card from your hand.
- Reach the top of the discard pile.
- Ask your friend for pick-ups, or play wild cards from the stack.
- If you do not have a card, you must draw from the pile.
Basically, the aim of the game is to be the first player to score 500 points. This is achieved by being the first to play all the cards and collect card points for other players.
It is usually done in multiple rounds of the game. The Uno deck has 108 cards.
Related Post: How to Play Spicy UNO; Game Rules & Instructions
The Game begins
To start the game, seven cards will be dealt to each player. And then, the first card from the remaining deck of cards will be flipped over. It will be set aside to begin the discard pile.
Usually, the player to the dealer’s left plays first. This happens if the first card on the discard pile is an action or Wild card.
How to Setup UNO:
- In order to determine who the dealer is, anyone can draw the card for the player with the highest number or the oldest player.
- The action card is higher than the number card.
- If two players are assigned the same highest card, they will each draw another card later.
- Deal 7 face-down cards to each player.
- If you distribute 7 cards to each player, put the cards upside down in the deck.
- The person to the left of the dealer (clockwise) always starts first.
- If it is one of the action cards, this rule applies to the player even if it is a pickup card.
Rules to Play UNO Classic
- Normally, the first player is usually the player to the left of the dealer.
- You can also choose any player.
- The game generally follows a clockwise direction.
- Each player looks at his cards and tries to find the matching card on the discard pile.
- The player tries to match the number, color, or symbol/action.
- For example, if the discard pile has a red card that is an 8, you must either put a red card or a card with an 8 on it.
- You can also play a wild card.
- It can change the current color in the game.
- If the player has no matches or does not play any of his cards even though he may have a match, he must draw a card from the draw pile.
- If that card can be played, you should play it.
- Otherwise, you keep the card, and the game moves on to the next person in turn.
- You can also play a Wild or a Draw Four Wild on your turn.
- An action card is taken from the draw pile to form the discard pile.
- This card’s action applies and must be taken by the first player to call.
- It is usually the player to the left of the dealer.
- Exceptions are when a Wild or Wild Draw Four card is displayed.
- When it comes to a wild card, the first player to start can choose any color to start playing.
- If the first card is a Wild Draw Four card – put it back on the draw pile, shuffle the deck, and flip over a new card at any time during the game.
- If the draw pile is empty and no one wins the round, take the discard pile, shuffle it and turn it over to regenerate a new draw pile.
- You can only deposit one card at a time.
- You cannot stack two or more cards together on the same turn.
- For example, you cannot put a Draw Two on another Draw Two or Wild Draw Four in the same round, or you can merge two Wild Draw Four cards.
- The game continues until a player has one card left.
- The moment a player only has one card, he must say, “UNO!.
- If another player catches them without saying “Uno” before the next player’s turn, that player must draw new cards as a penalty.
- As soon as a player runs out of cards, the game round is over, points are scored, and the game starts all over again.
- Usually, everyone tries to be the first to get 500 points.
- However, you can choose any number of points to win the game if everyone agrees.
The points of the action cards are given below.
The Number cards are counted as that number, i.e., a 3 = 3 points.
- Pickup 2 = 20 points
- The Reverse = 20 points
- Skip = 20 points
- Wild = 50 points
- Wild + Pickup 4 = 50 points
Drunk UNO Rules Card
- If one forgets the rules or asks questions = drink 1 glass
- If the player misses a turn due to a skip = drink 1 glass
- Until The player gets a matching card = Drinks 1 drink, and picks up until he does.
- If he forgets to say “Uno” on the last card, then = drinks four glasses.
- If all play a similar card showing the same color and action = everyone drinks 1
- Depending on the Uno version, some games will have an empty/blank Wild Card where players can write their own rules. Here, they can be creative and follow any rules they want.
- One option is to participate in team competitions, such as 2 on 2.
- At the end of the game, the first player gets rid of all the cards in his hand.
- This is the winning team and gets all the points.
Related Post: Trouble Game Rules & Strategies to Play
1. How do you start off the game UNO?
First, seven cards are dealt to each player. The remaining cards must face down to form a draw pile.
Now the players flip the top card of the deck to start the “discard pile”. The person on the left of the dealer will start.
2. Is UNO played with the usual cards?
To play Drunk Uno, the players need to buy an Uno card game, which is not the usual card game.
It contains 108 cards and some interesting action cards. Just like a classic card game, they have 4 suits, with 2 of each card.