Last Updated on July 11, 2021 by admin
Cranium is a wonderful and awards winning game. Its rules require you be alert, in full sense, with rigid critical skills & cognitive abilities in; solving puzzles, sketching, instantly answering questions etc. Let’s explore this crazy board game with detailed cranium rules, questions, whoonu, after dark, vow rules etc.
Cranium Board Game
This game is played by 4 people above age group 8. The playing time required is 35 minutes. Cranium is a party game. It is known as “The Game for Your Whole Brain”.
It is not like many other party games. Cranium brings a wide range of activities. The circuit board is shown as a circuit made up of different color spaces. Each color represents a question card Category.Planet Cranium” rooms give the team a choice between different categories.
- The players are divided into two, three or four teams.
- Each team chooses a game piece/mover.
- To determine the order of play the team with the player whose birthday is approaching starts the game.
- The game then continues in clockwise order to the next team.
- Each team places its mover in a purple “Planet Cranium” room.
Related Post: How to Play Codenames | Rules & Strategies
- Creative Cat blue cards are creative activities.
- All blue cards have vague clues.
- Cloodle cards require one team member to draw on a piece of paper while the other team members try to guess the word or phrase, just like a Pictionary.
- Sensosketch cards are similar but need the drawer to have their eyes closed.
- Sculpturades require a player to mold the putty it contains into shapes so that the other players can guess the word or phrase that is being molded.
- They revolve around knowing about data and facts.
- The fact cards represent a question that the team of players must answer directly.
- The selectaquest cards select a question and present four possible multiple choice answers from which the team of players must choose the correct answer.
- A polygraph card demands players to evaluate a statement to find out whether it is true or false.
- Performer Stars are green cards that have the following themes:Play clues with a vague clue, like in charades.
- Act and speak like a famous person or fictional character, but without using proper names, to make impressions.
- Humming or whistling a popular tune for your group to guess the song, like in Humdingers.
- Word Worm yellow cards relate to words, spellings, and anagrams.
- There are two types of spelling problems and three types of flash cards in this category.
- Spelling Challenges One type of spelling challenge requires a team member to spell a word correctly on the first attempt (moderate difficulty) without writing the word.
- In Gnilleps challenges, the team must spell a word correctly on the first attempt moderately difficult as achieved with the caveat that they should spell it backwards.
- Blackout uses a vague clue to fill in the empty words with just a few letters.
- With Lexicon cards, teams must correctly identify the definition of a word from four possibilities, usually a relatively unused word like Syzygy or Bedizen.
- In Zelpuz, the team of players must use a vague clue to rearrange the letters into an anagram to form the correct word or phrase.
- In each round, the team has the opportunity to complete an action on the map and move up the field.
- If a team is in the purple zone (because all teams are in the starting zone), they can choose the first card from one of the four categories.
- If it is in the color space, select the first card in the appropriate category.
- The team successfully completed the card of their choice and rolled the dice to determine which space the team will move to.
- Whether the card is successfully completed, the turn always ends after the cards are dealt.
- If the team successfully completes the action before the time runs out, it will roll the colored dice and move to the next square of the colored dice or the next closest Cranium space planet.
- When they are displayed in purple, they will move to the next purple area or the next Planet Cranium area, whichever is the closest.
- Scenic Route and Fast Lane is an initial activity for teams in a Planet Cranium room.
- It includes the launch room and will determine whether they will take the “scenic route” or the “fast lane” to the next Planet Cranium room.
- Planet Cranium Room will successfully expire before time runs out.
- You will take the inner fast lane to the next planet, Cranium Room.
- If they don’t successfully complete their first activity, or if time runs out, they can’t take the fasting trail.
- When they have successfully completed an exciting planet cranium room activity they must take the longest scenic route to the next planet cranium room.
- Some of the Creative Cat and Star Performer cards have a “Cranium Club” symbol on them.
Related Post: Hedbanz Rules | How to Play
1. Is it possible to play Cranium with two players?
The Cranium game is a team game. You need at least four players to play the game, so you have at least two teams. However, you can also play in small groups. With at least two teams, the game can still be played.
2. Can you win cranium on an all play?
If your team completes any activity successfully in Cranium Central (all cards count too) You win cranium!