Last Updated on August 13, 2021 by admin
As the name suggests, Joking Hazard is a party game where you can compete with your friends for cool/horrible comic strips. The rules of joking hazard are simple. For individuals who enjoy humor and creating ridiculous comics, this game is going to be a lot of fun.
This social card game may be played by 3 to ten people. Each round has an energetic judge that sets up panels of the comic for other gamers to complete with the funniest punchline. Once all gamers have submitted a card from their hand, the judge decides the winner by reading the cards in random order.
Essentials of Play
3 – 10 players play this game. The game takes almost 30 – 90 minutes. The deck of cards comprises over 360 cards. An instruction/ rules book makes it easy to play the game.
Related Post: How to Play 301 Darts with Tips & Strategies
Joking Hazard Game Setup
- Shuffle the cards before starting the game and give each player seven cards.
- It can hold up to 10 players.
- But the best games are played with up to 7 people.
- After everyone receives their card, players choose one of the players as the first judge.
- Players can decide by random voting, or if all other methods fail, choose the owner of the game.
Rules of Joking Hazard
Although the rules of joking hazards are very simple, you need to understand them to enjoy them. This is not a children’s game because it is adult content. The game is ideal for 3 or more players. The game provides an opportunity to customize, especially use cards with your text. The possibilities are endless.
- Everyone who is part of the game takes 7 cards.
- The remaining cards should be placed on the table.
- You have to put these cards upside down.
- Now elect the first judge nonviolently.
- Play the deck first.
- Flip the top card off the deck.
- This is the starter panel.
- After that the judge takes his turn. He places the cards of his hand on either side of the main panel and creates a two-panel setup.
- At the end of the setting, other players will deal face-down cards into a punchline.
- The judge shuffled them one by one, face down, and then chose the one he liked.
- The winning player takes out his cards to keep the score.
- Everyone holds a different card but you should always have 7 cards. If you turn clockwise, the next person will become the judge, and so on.
- The very first player who gets 3 points is the winner.
- You can also make some rules of your own.
Related Post: King of Tokyo Rules & Strategies for Effective Playing
Joking hazard Red Cards
If the border of the card is red, it can only be played as the third panel. If a red card is played in the deck, the judge will not play the second panel. Instead, everyone else played in a two-panel setup, and the judge chose their favorite game. The winner gets 2 points instead of 1 point as a bonus.
Some Alternative Rules
Joking Hazard is a game having no predetermined limit or boundary.
The players are definitely advised to squeeze the guidelines together with their friends. Below are some of the favorite opportunity methods to play.
- Jerk Mode
- Never ending Story
Jerk Mode: This usually follows standard rules. unless the deck uses a red card instead of a bonus round. The judge keeps the red card as free points and forces the other person to lose points.
Marathon: Instead of winning 3 points, the players continue to play until the deck is empty. The winner is the person with the highest score so far.
In the event of a tie, the player with the lowest score will be the judge and the game will be played in two panels. Anyone who is tied plays the games.
Never ending Story: In this method, the players remove all red cards from the deck. Now everyone takes 10 cards. Each player adds a panel in a clockwise direction and creates a super long comic.
If it doesn’t make sense, the remaining players can reject the panel by majority vote. If you cannot play a decent card, please replace one card in your hand with two additional cards, and then skip the turn. The first player who runs out of cards wins the game.
Similar Post: Spyfall Game Rules & Regulations
1. Is this game ok for all ages?
The game joking hazard is a party game that is not suitable for children due to its content.
2. Who initiates the game?
The referee or judge starts the game by drawing the top card from the deck and placing it face-up on the table.
3. What happens If a card with a black border is drawn?
If the players draw a card with a black border, it is going to be a normal round. The judge adds a card from his hand to each side of the drawn card. This makes him create the first two panels of the comic.